Friday, November 2, 2007

ONE Costume Ball/Halloween - What was I thinking?!?



Do you ever feel as though you would do anything to please those around you? Well, thats kinda what I did for Halloween! Ok, sorta Halloween anyway... we had a ONE costume ball and silent auction the Saturday before Halloween and, if I do say so myself, it went rather well! ONE for any who don't know is a campain to fight world hunger... LET'S DO AWAY WITH POVERTY! Anyway, so I spent most of the day Saturday helping some RDs and other fellow RAs set up for this event and I started to get really excited about what the night was going to bring. As the decorating process continued I began to get excited about how the place was beginning to look and even thinking that I might have a little bit of creativity within myself afterall... maybe? So, after a long day of decorating I then headed back to get ready for the Ball... Now when I think ball I think of an huge mascarade ball...



However Garrett decides that we should go as HICKS... Hillbillies... Rednecks... whatever you want to call it. I agreed that we could do so... and the more time I spent getting ready the more I just had to laugh at myself for what I was doing. Now as you can see from the pictures it turned out to be a quite hilarious site to see... and we did end up afterall winning the Most Realistic Reward at the costume contest. So all in all it turned out to be a good night... and a good idea I guess because we won FREE T-SHIRTS! Even if we did look rediculous.... we had a good time doing it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

hey! If you add a link to www.one.org on here, then we could get points for this post. Let me know, and I'll show you how.

Andrea said...

Um..I'm pretty sure you need a blog on your recent BIG NEWS!!!!